My Grandpa

So I will tell you now about the first time that I had a paranormal experience. It was a year after my grandpa passed away. I was his only granddaughter, so naturally he spoiled me rotten, we had such a close relationship and I still miss him to this day, I probably will forever. My grandma, missed him so much as well. But after a year she started to go out and do more of her hobbies that she neglected since he died. She is Italian and an artist, so she booked a trip to Italy with her art class, she asked me to stay at her house while she was gone to watch her dog. So I did, for about a week. I have spent the night at my grandparents house often but never when it was just me. I sleep with a fan, for background noise, it helps me sleep. I had asked my grandma if she had a fan and she said that she did so I thought no more of it. I should have been more specific because the fan that she said she had was the ceiling fan that made no noise and was located in her bedroom.

One, I didn’t plan on sleeping in my grandparents bed, there is no way that I would ever sleep in their bed, for the same reason that I would never sleep in my parents bed. She has a guest room that I planned on sleeping in. Two, when I mentioned the fan, I meant one that makes noise, so I could have that white noise in the background. The ceiling fan made absolutely no noise. I got to their house after work on a Tuesday since that was the day her plane left, I didn’t realize that there was no fan until I started getting ready for bed. By that time it was too late to do anything about it, I lived about a half hour away from her and I was not about to go home and come back just for a fan. I decided to put my big girl pants on and deal with it.

I couldn’t fall asleep, I stayed awake listening to the noises of the house. All the noises a house makes when it settles, it was awful. Also,I could swear that I heard noises outside, noises from the trees possibly. It sounded like a tree limb breaking. I tossed and turned for hours. Then just when I was about to fall asleep I heard the garage door open, not the big garage door, the door in the garage to come into the house. That door led to the kitchen, and I totally heard it open, then I heard a set of car keys being set down on the island that is in the kitchen. I froze and was terrified for a few seconds, then all of a sudden I felt this sense of calm come over me. I don’t how or why but I knew, I just knew, that it was my grandpa coming home to let me know that everything was OK. That is the last thing I remember thinking before waking up in the morning.┬áCall it what you want, but that was my grandpa coming back to say hello and to let me know that I was safe. Needless to say, I went back to my hosue after work on Wednesday to get my fan.

Thanks guys,


Leave a Comment

Filed under Blog

Leave a Reply